As part of my 'self organisation' I need to have tidy, organised surroundings.
First problem, my cleaner has gone on holidays and won't return for another 2 weeks.
Solution, start cleaning myself. (Oh NO!!!)
So I am taking it one room at a time starting with my bedroom. It takes me nearly a whole day to clean this because I have trouble moving. I started at the ceiling and worked down. I am non to stable on ladders but I got the curtains down, washed, dried and up again. That was a major achievement.
Then when I remade the bed I realised that I need to make a new bed cover. This one is still serviceable but I only give it a couple more years and it is big, King sized. Another job to add to the list.
I then got out my 'Accident Quilt' to put on the bed.
Why do I call it the "accident quilt"? Well it started life as the backing of another quilt but I unpicked that quilt and put a different backing on it. As I didn't want to throw it away I quilted it and made it into a quilt top and now I find it is the right size for the king sized bed. I had collected lots of Australiana fabric prints and had no idea what to do with them all so decided to use them as a backing for a quilt. Bad idea, it made the quilt too heavy.
I can see that I will need to make the new bed spread in colours that will compliment this. And blue just isn't the colour. I had been using it for the paddlers who visited but Covid restrictions had stopped their visits and they haven't returned. (I'm not sure if that is good or bad.) Now to start on the sewing room. Really, it might be easier to just clean the rest of the house and come back to this.