So, the experiments with stitching the Kogin patterns with different threads and fabrics continues.
I tried using 4 threads on this one and although I don't mind it I think that 3 threads works better.
I used linen fabrics back some time ago and dismissed them because I found that they shredded the cotton thread I was using. So I tried again with this thread and had no problems. It is a 28count fabric and I used 2 strands of cotton to stitch. Only problem here was with my eyes that found the higher count of thread hard to see.
Then, looking at all those pieces I got from my friend I found that one piece really was not repairable so I have unpicked the stitching and cut out the pieces I can use. I haven't finished the layout of this just yet but it is starting to come together. It is for a book cover.
I found all these little mirrors tucked in amongst the threads. When I get the layout how I want it i will use a Kantha stitch to hold the pieces in place. I am having fun with this piece.