Well HALF the order for wool from Australia has arrived. No sign of the Scottish one yet. Now I'm trying to work out what the pattern for the cardigan, that I want to knit, actually says. It assumes I have so much knowledge that I don't have. I'm looking for some advice on-line from someone who has already knitted it and I have a fall back pattern just in case I can't work it out.
I got my first lot of scraps in order and have quilted some fabric for project bags. I used one piece of my photo transfer fabric and I think I will try other photos of the island as well. I have a few ideas about how I might develop this design and incorporate re-cycling.
I made another project bag from one of the orphan blocks I had. It turned out to be a lot of work but as I want the bag to hold a project I'm about to start I don't mind all that work. It is hard to see the quilting but I used a red thread to cross hatch the surrounds and back of the bag.
I linned it with a red fabric that I rolled the top of so it would show as a piping. It fits the frame well and has internal pockets for all the other pieces.
This leaves me with just a small roll of left over to use, but, I have just found a couple more bags of scraps in the cupboard.
The quilt is now completely finished.
It was a bit hard to photograph so I hung it from my back 1st floor patio. It is out of the wind and a sun trap in winter and a great place to work.
Because I use a hidden hemming method for the binding it took a whole day to hand stitch but I like the fact that you can't see the stitching.
When you write it down I actually did quite a lot this week.