I have thought of another way to use that plethora of botanical drawings that I made. I have enlarged the drawings slightly and am going to put them into a zippered pouch that I will make from 2.5" squares. Alternating the embroidery with patchwork fabric. I think placement of the embroidery in the final piece is going to be the part that will take the most effort.
The other thing I have been experimenting with is making some paper. My daughter needs cards to enclose with her leather work. For a first try I am quite pleased.
I used recycled paper as my base and then dried leaves and flowers to go into it.