I have managed to get back to my 'Stitch you Story' class and have finally finished Module 2. The last exercise was hair. I hated it. It drove me mad, I just couldn't stitch how I wanted. A little sprite in my mind seemed to take over and said "do it this way". This way wasn't what I wanted at all!!
The other things I have been working on are my Bunny, who I showed you yesterday. I am working on her dress.
And experimenting with a new design for an "Exploring More Stitches" class I will teach this year. Only rough sketches to date but I think this one will work.
I am making a proto-type of the project bag that I want to use the embroidery on the front of. With the price of good embroidery linen being over $100 per metre ( excuse me, I just checked and they want $204.00 per metre now,)I want to minimize the amount of linen that students would have to purchase to just the front panel. They could use all linen if they wanted to but classes are expensive so keeping the materials at a reasonable cost is important. The remainder could be made from recycled materials or other fabrics from their stash.