This week has been knitting. I have finished the bodies of a couple of bears.
This is Henry. He is knitted in Alpaca yarn and was the first. That means that he was actually knitted 3 or 4 times until I got him right. The face and especially the nose was problematic. But, I'm quite pleased with him now.
This is Olaf and he is a polar bear, at he moment he is being put together. I used some left over sports weight wool for him and he was a dream to knit. After all the problems that Henry presented this boy was very easy to live with.
I hope I have enough yarn from Olaf left over to knit Gu Gu. I have finished his head and doubled the black yarn to make his ears. I hope he doesn't become a problem. He is quite a 'chunky' fellow. It's funny how there all have their own personalities as they come off the needles.
I still have to manipulate the stuffing and sewing those noses to get each of them looking how I want. As I am only using left over yarn they will never look as good as Julie's plus she must have knitted 100's of them and has really perfected their construction. All this will come with time I hope. (My friend said I had to add the size of these animals. They are 9" tall.)
Next will be the clothes. As this lot are all boy bears I think it should be shorts and sweaters.