I have got stuck into finishing those needle books and clearing my desk and tidying my sewing room. The desk is clear with all the threads returned to their correct boxes. The sewing room is tidy and I have finished off 3 of the needle cases to take into the Guild for the sale table.
The one stitched in red is done with a wool thread. I haven't used this before and it is lovely to stitch with.
The colour is fast but I worry about moths as all woollens are attractive to them in this climate. I used a dark red fabric for the linning and the lack of seam allowance was a problem but it looks alright.
I had a few problems, of my own making with the stitch sampler one. Again, lack of seam allowance was frustrating.
The design on the back isn't what I planned. I used an air drying marker pen to mark the circles and then ironed it! I had to over sew the fly stitch to cover this up. It still shows a bit but I the end result is acceptable.
I sacrificed some of my treasured fabric, (the type you take out and pat), for the lining of this one. I love this fabric.
Two more to go to get these out of the way.