Today's sketchbook activities included quite a number that I didn't have the equipment for so I went back to my experiments with curves using my walking foot.
A bit more structure.
and the front of the mats.
Then I drew a grid and took that structure pattern at bit further. This pattern would stand out better if I used a heavier weight thread. ( I also tried a machine finished edging that just doesn't do it for me. So back to hand hemming.)
Then I sectioned of the mat and drew a curve and shadowed it.
Still not sure which kind of quilt I would use them on.
I have now finished 22 place-mats which is my quota till the end of May. My machine goes in for service next week so I might have to put this project on hold for a while.