I am really cutting it fine this month but I did get my piece finished.
I ended up unpicking the lettering and changing the stitch and the thread colour. Last week Queenie featured ' satin stitch outline' on the Sunday Stitch School.' This is a far better choice for the lettering. I also added two extra springs to my original design. Again what looks balanced on paper can translate differently into embroidery. I think the pale colours would look entirely different if I had used a plain instead of a printed background fabric.
I painted an old embroidery hoop that had a cheap screw on it. I'm glad I found a use for it and it didn't end up in the garbage. So all in all I'm quite pleased with the outcome. It certainly was a learning experience.
I have another two pieces that I want to do in this genre but they will have to wait.