All my efforts have been focused on getting this Kogin sample finished, and it is finished. Although I think that I will switch the beige curtain fabric to a beige hemp. It will make the bag sit better.
I wanted it to be a scrappy fabric bag and used fabric pieces given to be by friends brought back after their trips to Japan. Everytime I look at it I will think of them.
In the scappy theme I used old fabric swatches that I had kept from my days as a Buyer (1970's) . There are not Japanese but they are a light voile which was the fabric weight I wanted. A bit of a surprise when you look inside the bag!
Because the fabric on the top edge of the bag is on the bias I put a strip of fabric on the straight of grain to stablise it. Then I copied the top edge from that on an antique rice bag that I own. It is a great way to thread the cord and the top of the bag shuts up tight. As well as a teaching sample I aim to use it to hold some of my quilting equipment.