The Xmas decorations are all finished.
My friend Angela had given my some lovely Xmas fabric last year and it was perfect for the backs of the decorations. One thing I should have done was to allow a 1/2" seam allowance. Having a 1/4" seam allowance wasn't enough with that 32 count linen I had used. I had thought of using linen for the backing but I think the closer weave one I selected is better. I couldn't really turn those corners through cleanly so have sewn seed beads on each corner. Actually, I like the effect that this creates.
These are now off to the Queensland Embroiderers' Guild to be part of their Xmas raffle.
My current WIP is the Kogin kit. The designers of this kit used an even count design and made it an odd count. Unsettling when you try and count it out. It just doesn't conform to the traditional way of counting out these patterns. I did have to redraw the pattern to understand the graph. That's fine, but my brain is now wired differently after stitching out all those other patterns.
When I said I was having a break I was actually in hospital having a camera pokes down into my intestines to see what was happening down there. Due to an auto immune problem I have a dry throat most of the time and that camera thing upset this and sent germs into my ear and as a result I had a middle ear infection. ( The results of the camera thing showed that I had an auto immune problem, which I already knew.) The middle ear thing is not good for concentration. Vomiting and dizzyness is off putting, especially when counting, so my Kogin kit, which is supposed to be a relaxing activity, is driving me up the wall. I think I have got the count wrong and will have to start again once I get over this infection.