No 51 - Raised Herringbone Band
Working this on my little pincushion was a challenge.
I worked the base row with 6 strands of DMC embroidery cotton, very hard to keep straight.
The herringbone row on top of this was worked in 3 strands of an overdyed thread.
The first line of lacing was worked with 2 strand of DMC gold thread and then re-laced again around to top and bottom edges with 1 strand of the same thread.
I then added small blue beads at the top and bottom of the band.
It is hard to see just how I worked that 2nd row of lacing so I took some photos.
All the lacing was stitched using the eye end of the needle to prevent catching any of the base threads. I held the work at an angle so that I was looking at the base of the band, working behind the thread so that the gold thread layed flat under the base row. I then returned to work the top of the band.