I just can't get the look I want with this dragon. So far three attempts have ended up in the bin. I've tried it with various backgrounds and ended up with the one I tried first off. The problem is I'm trying to show that I can only get a glimpse of this dragon's personality. It seems to be all in it's tail. I have used shear fabrics to try and show that the image keeps fading on me. ( I took the photo image and printed it onto this fabric.) The only clear thing about it is the curves of it's body, that I have tried to show with the quilting and that reptilian tail.
I have dyed the tail fabric and then highlighted the details with coloured pencils. I don't know why it is green somehow or other I just couldn't see any other colour. If I had more time I think I would have used sequins on that tail as the scales. But at this point I'm over it. I feel it is only the tail that escaped out of the stone where that dragon is trapped.