This week came around before I was ready for it. I had so many commitments during the week but it surprises me that I keep thinking what I will do with this challenge. I have still kept my source of inspiration the screen from the pagoda but this time I have turned it into an applique block.
I have kept to the 6" block which made the petals quite fiddly. I think it would have been better as a 10'' or 12'' block but it is a simple design that could be made in a number of fabrics which would change the look of it. Also if the block was bigger you could do different things with the quilting in the background. I have drawn the pattern with my CAD drawing program, I bet all the engineers would be horrified to see me using it to draw flowers.
I used three of the fabrics that I used in weeks 16 and 17 to keep some kind of continuity. I think that I will try this design in other fabrics .
The petals are made up of both of the above fabrics and I have used a saddle stitch to highlight the centre.