I was just going to finish the letters this week BUT got carried away and finished the whole embroidery to avoid that cleaning. So here is September's piece finished at the beginning of the month well in advance.
I used 2 strands of silk thread for the letters and the sprig of leaves and one stand of the same thread do do the blanket stitch around the applique.
The sprig of leaves were stitched in fly stitch and the stem in checkerboard stitch and then I added a few seed beads just because I could.
Then on my walk I saw these wild flowers that had escaped into the bush so picked a few because I loved the colour. It must be my age I never liked purple/pink before, now I love it.