Well, the knitting is a write off. I am still trying to get the pattern right.
I started on some cross stitch, but all I do is make mistakes because I can't see it.
So, I have settled on finishing some quilt tops that have been languishing in the bottom draw. I was making this one for Jasmine, but it isn't pink. My grand nephew Leon is going to get this one. I decided on the layout back in September 2014.
I must have done some sewing on it because it was partly put together. I had cut the left overs into pieces so continued with this to make the quilt wider. Then I found I didn't have enough of these to go right around the blocks so ended up just keeping them in the middle sections. After doing this I realised that it was too long and narrow with the 8 blocks so cut it back to 6 blocks and used the other 2 to make cushions.
I managed to buy some fabric at East Cost Fabrics where the fabric is very cheap, but good quality, for the borders. They are all in place and the next job is the quilting. I might send it out to be quilted but then again I might do it myself. I just have to think about that one.
I'm glad I made it shorter. It is still the length of a single bed and looks more balanced this way. So all was not lost over the last week. Making the cushions is the next step.