Next Op
Home again and back to hospital, again!

WIPW

Not a lot of work but I have finished two of the Xmas decorations.

It took me 3 or 4 attempts to get the right stitch to sew the edges together.  I had thought of stitching needle lace around the edges but gave that away fairly quickly.  I sewed the front and back together using quilting thread and a whip stitch.  Over this I then stitched and edge using my version of Van Dyke stitch.  I had to try a few different threads for this but ended up with the same perle 8 I had used for the cross stitch.  This gives a nice edge that you can attach to.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.59.18 am

  Onto this I sewed the seed beads and used a DMC stranded gold metallic thread. (Mouline No E3821 x 1 strand)

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.42.28 am

I crocheted 150 chain stitches to make the hanging thread using the same gold metallic thread.  I was surprised at how strong it was as this thread usually shreds.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.42.49 am

The red stitched one was next and I used the same method but worked out a better way of attaching the beads.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 4.04.11 pm

So, 2 down and 6 to go.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 4.03.52 pm

 

Save

Save

Save

Save

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Queeniepatch.blogspot.com

Nice finishing touches!

Carolyn Foley

Thank you. I am really pleased with the result.

RachelandDesign

Delightful - that makes for a great finishing touch!

The comments to this entry are closed.