Another one hits the dust! Yoo Hoo.
The book-cover is finished and constructed. I doubted this design would stitch up as I had imagined it in my mind. (A5 book size.) My direct inspiration for this is the tree trunks of the trees outside the front of my home.
Moving from the above picture to this wasn't an easy journey. I had to find a way to get from that tangle of trees to something I could stitch and still keep the feeling of the trees.
I isolated three tree trunks that I though were similar.
Then I made a repeat pattern of this. Next I changed how the limbs of the trees intersected, diguising that pattern. I then stitched the outline of all the design is stem stitch using Sef Francis fine perle and the water in differing colours of Danish Flower thread with just a little rayon thread for high light. Where I used the same stitch I had used in one tree I repeated this in another but changed the thread.
The class, for which this sample was created, is called "Exploring More Stitches' and will be held on Saturday 22nd of April at the Queensland Embroiderers' Guild.