This design offered so much promise but I did it all wrong. I think it would have been a lot better if I had just used a simple outline stitch instead of arguing with this #*% of a piece of embroidery. (I might still do that just to see if it would work.) Don't get me wrong, it isn't that bad, I just think it is worse.
The other thing I am struggling with here is the light. In my old home the light came at just the right direction, not so here. I think that I am going to have to construct a light box for taking photos. More research needed.
I took another photo of the piece hanging on the wall but the light was even worse. That is really a fairly light coloured grey linen from Ikea backed with Amourweft interfacing to give it some body. I used 2 stands of a DMC cotton. And that is a whole other story! I used thread from my stash but didn't have enough. Went to buy more, but, the colour has been discontinued. So I had to use something close in colour. (The embroidery complained.)
Still there have been some positives. By the time I got to the final few leaves my satin stitch was smooth. Now that has to be good news. It has taken me a life time to get to this point.