I had an afternoon at the Guild this week so took my embroidery with me. So now I have “Three French Hens” finished.
The back gound has been a learning experience. I have been trying to use stitches the same way you would carve the background of a lino cut. I experimented with close stitching on the back cover to give the impression of a heavy sky.
And then made my stitches further apart to give the impression of a lighter sky on the front cover. I used the same threads, colour and number of threads on both. The only difference was the spacing.I have some other ideas for this technique that I would like to try.
The next step is going to be the trunks of the trees. This is where all the texture will be. I have now collected the threads that will make up the pallet. So on with the stitching.