Week 33 Pekinese Stitch
This week has been a struggle to get my piece done. I have had the flu and after having to spend 2 full days in bed I was left with a very fuzzy head. On top of this I had to help main the stand at the Ekka, another day gone.
When I actually got to the stitching I just couldn't get going. I tried the stitch in all kinds of threads.
Then thought that it might make a nice trim on a clutch bag I am going to make to match an evening jacket. It looked quite good and I think I will use it for the flap on the bag. But I am not going to iron it. The fabric melts being a synthetic.
Next I thought I might try a bit of felt and experiment with using machine stitching in place of back stitch. This I did with two of the outside rows. Not a bad result and I think it warrants further experimentation. The wavy row between these two was worked over a running stitch, again not bad.
But what to put between the bands. As Pekinese Stitch is normally worked over a back stitch I drew a design, based an a piece of lace, and worked this in back stitch. Then worked the flower sections in another colour adjusting the size of the loops as I went. I am very pleased with the effect.